Time for a little fun! I have a few riddles in Tagalog. Write your answers in the comments, so we can see how well you know your Filipino riddles. I’m translating these as close as I can in English.
1. Binili ko nang mahal, isinabit ko lamang. (I bought it expensively, but I just hung it.)
2. Isang prinsesang maganda, punong-puno ng mata. (A beautiful princess, full of eyes.)
3. Limang magkakapatid, laging kabit-kabit. (Five siblings, always connected.)
4. Hayan na! Hayan na! Di mo pa makita. (It’s here! It’s here! But you still can’t see it.)
5. Bawat dahong itinatapon ay lumilipas na panahon. (Each leaf that is thrown away is time that passes.)
— UPDATED: July 27, 2005:
For those asking for more bugtong (Filipino riddles) you’ll be glad to know we have a page full of riddles, and you can find the compilation in this page: Mga Bugtong / Filipino riddles.
Have fun guessing ‘em!