Here are the answers to the riddles (bugtong) I posted last week. I hope you had fun guessing them!
1. Nang maliit ay sumisisid pa, Nang lumaki ay patalon-talon na. (When it was young, it swam underwater. When it got bigger, it jumped.) – palaka (frog)
2. Dalawang patukod-langit, Apat na patukod-lupa, Dalawang pagaspas, Isang pamaspas. (Two posts pointing heavenward, four posts pointing to the ground, two fans, one fly-swatter). – kalabaw (water buffalo)
3. Alin kayang insekto, malaki ang mata kaysa ulo? (Which insect has eyes bigger than its head?) – tutubi (dragonfly)
4. Matanda na ang nuno, Di pa naliligo. (The troll has gotten older, yet this animal has not yet taken a bath.) – pusa (cat)
5. Sa araw ay nahihimbing, Sa gabi ay gising. (It sleeps during the day, and is awake at night.) – paniki (bat)
source: Bugtong by Santos and Torres
— UPDATED: July 27, 2005:
For those asking for more bugtong (Filipino riddles) you’ll be glad to know we have a page full of riddles, and you can find the compilation in this page: Mga Bugtong / Filipino riddles.
Have fun guessing ‘em!