Looks like a lot of students are needing help with their assignments/ homeworks, so here is another set of Filipino riddles to help you along.
This time, it’s all about ‘fruits and vegetables’
1. Sanga-sanga, buko-buko; nagbubulaklak at di nagbubuko, naglalama’y walang buto. (The branch has a bud, but the flowers do no bud, and the flesh has no seeds).
2. Ang katawa’y bala, ang bituka’s paminta. (The body is a bullet, the intestines are peppercorns).
3. Baboy ko sa parang, namumula sa tapang. (The pig in the prairie is getting red with bravery).
4. Balahibong binalot ng balat, balahibong bumalot sa balat, lamang binalot ng balat. (Hair that was wrapped by shell, is hair that wraps a shell, and flesh that was wrapped by shell).
5. Palayok ni Isko, punong-puno ng bato. (Isko’s earthen pot is full of stones)
Have fun! The answers will still come out next Wednesday, August 8.
For those asking for more bugtong (Filipino riddles) you’ll be glad to know we have a page full of riddles, and you can find the compilation in this page: Mga Bugtong / Filipino riddles.