One of our readers, Inah, has requested even more Tagalog riddles. I believe it’s for a school project. We’re always happy to help further the education of our (fellow) youth. So here are some more for you. Answers will be posted next week, but feel free to post your guesses in the comments:
1. Kung kailan tahimik, saka nambubuwisit. (When it’s quiet, that’s the time it annoys people.)
2. Baboy sa pulo, ang balahibo ay pako. (The pig on the island has fur like nails.)
3. Mga rekadong sari-sari, binihisan ng puting-puti. (Various ingredients are dressed in white.)
4. Dalawang magkaibigan, unahan nang unahan. (Two friends are always in a race.)
5. Paro-paro noong bata, naging ahas nang tumanda. (It was a butterfly when young, and became a snake when it got older.)
Note: If you really really need the answers before next week, send your guesses to me (maricar-at-b5media-dot-com) and I’ll let you know the correct answers.