I would be very surprise if you could not guess these riddles correctly! These are soo easy, but I figured if you need these riddles (bugtong) for a school assignment, these should score points.
1. Daming ulo, isang sumbrero. (Many heads, one hat).
2. Manghahabing batikan, tubig ang hanay, ang yaring sinamay, iba’t ibang kulay. (The expert weaver uses water to create a multi-colored handwoven fabric.)
3. Sinakal ko muna bago ko nilagari. (I choked it first before I sawed it).
4. May alila si Mang Gusting, may tainga at may ngipin. Tuwing ito’y pakakanin, kumakagat ng pagkain, ngunit ayaw lululunin. (Mr. Gusting has a slave, with eyes and teeth. He can bite the food but refuses to swallow it.)
5. Binili ko ng di kagustuhan, ginamit ko ng di ko nalalaman. (I bought this without my liking; i used it without my knowing).
How well did you get the riddles? Check your answers after the cut!
Answers to Filipino Riddles (Bugtong) set #22:
- Bahay (house)
- Bahag-hari (rainbow)
- Biyolin (violin)
- Gunting (scissors)
- Kabaong (coffin)
Till next week!