Here are the latest reports concerning our 15 Filipino Olympians:
1. Mark Javier (Archery) was in the Men’s Men’s Individual Ranking Round on August 9, 2008, earning a rank of #36 out of 64 participants. His next event is the Men’s Individual 1/32 Eliminations against Taipei’s Kuo Cheng Wei on Wednesday, August 13, 2008.
2. Henry Dagmil (Athletics) will compete in the Men’s Long Jump Event. The qualifying rounds are scheduled for Saturday, August 16, 2008.
3. Maristella Torres (Athletics) even is the Women’s Long Jump. The qualifying rounds are on Tuesday, August 19, 2008.
4. Henry Tanamor (Boxing) will fight in the Men’s Light Flyweight Round of 32 on Wednesday, August 13, 2008. His opponent will be Ghana’s Manyo Plange.
5. Miguel Molina (Swimming) is participating in two events: Men’s 200m Breaststroke and Men’s 200m Individual Medley. Miguel was in Heat 2 of the 200m Breaststroke, clocking in at 2:16.62, which did not qualify him for the Semifinals. His next event is the 200m Individual Medley Heat 2 on Wednesday, August 13, 2008.
6. James Walsh (Swimming) took part in the Men’s 200m Butterfly Heat 2, where he clocked at 1:59.39, the fastest in his group. However, this was not enough to qualify him for the semifinals. Michael Phelps of the USA won this event just today, at 1:52.03, a world record.
7. Ryan Arabejo (Swimming) specializes in the Men’s 1500m Freestyle. His first event will be at the first heat Friday, August 15, 2008.
8. Daniel Coakley (Swimming) is competing in the Men’s 50m Freestyle. His first appearance will be at Heat 9 on Thursday, August 14, 2008.
9. Christel Simms (Swimming) has two events, the Women’s 50m Freestyle and the Women’s 100m Freestyle. The heat for the 100m Freestyle will come first, on Wednesday, August 13, 2008. Christel will then be at Heat 6 of the 50m event on Friday, August 15, 2008.
10. Rexel Ryan Fabriga (Diving) will be competing in the Men’s 10m Platform event. The preliminary will be on Friday, August 22, 2008.
11. Sheila Mae Perez (Diving) will first show her skill in the Women’s 3m Springboard Preliminary on August 15, 2008.
12. Tshomlee Go (Taekwondo) will be competing in the Men’s 58kg segment, the preliminary rounds of which are scheduled on Wednesday, August 20, 2008.
13. Mary Antoinette Rivero (Taekwondo) will be in the Women’s 67kg preliminaries set for Friday, August 22, 2008.
14. Eric Ang (Shooting) competed in the Men’s Trap shooting event. His scores were unable to move him beyond the qualifying events held on August 9 and 10, 2008.
15. Hidilyn Diaz (Weightlifting) ended her Olympic stint at the Women’s 58kg weightlifting division, on Monday August 11, 2008.
As you can see here, we still have 12 of our Olympians in competition. We want to congratulate James Walsh, Eric Ang and Hidilyn Diaz for giving their best in their events, and for representing the Philippines well! Our best wishes and loud cheers go to those who still have their events to look forward to! Go go, Pinoy Olympians!
via Beijing 2008