The fate of the Final Two castaways on Survivor Philippines is now in the hands of the 8-member Jury.
In the last episode before the live finale on December 12, 2008, JC and Rob will each get a last chance to convince the Jury that he deserves to be the first Pinoy Sole Survivor.
How will the Jury vote?
Based on what I have seen on the 63 episodes, here’s who I predict the Jury members will choose to be the winner of Survivor Philippines, and why:
- Jace – Jace believed that he had a strong alliance with JC, even after the merger of Naak and Jarakay. JC helping to vote him off the island came as a surprise to him. Jace may not have gotten over that yet. Jace will pick Rob to win.
- Kiko – Kiko hasn’t fully explained why he gave the black pearl to Rob. Though Rob didn’t betray him, Kiko may have had other reasons for choosing Rob. In his anger, Rob had said things about Kiko that the latter did not like. On the other hand, Kiko had never had anything against JC, and so will vote for him to win.
- Vern – As a fair and intense competitor herself, Vern values these qualities in JC and thus will pick him as the one who deserves to win. Vern’s vote goes to JC.
- Marlon – JC was fair even to Marlon. When he won rewards, JC gave the others the chance to share in the prize. JC picked Marlon as one of those to receive the full 30-second videos from their loved ones. Marlon’s vote goes to JC.
- Kaye – JC chose Kaye as one of the group that went with him to the resort. JC has been fairly consistent with his decisions. Kaye’s vote goes to JC.
- Zita – Though JC didn’t fulfill a promise he made to Zita, it seemed that all was forgiven between them. Rob showed more warmth toward her, hugging her on a number of occasions, and even going so far as to say he would be happy to give her the prize. I believe that Zita felt more betrayed by Rob than by JC. Zita will vote for JC.
- Cris – Cris never liked what he perceived as Rob’s clinging on to JC to get far in the game. He was very vocal about Rob meeting challenges half-heartedly, seemingly sure in his position as long as JC was doing well. Another vote for JC.
- Charisse – JC was the one who approached Charisse to forge one last alliance. He only made one promise to Charisse, to get her in the Final Three, and he fulfilled that promise to her. For taking her farther than she had hoped she would go, Charisse will vote for JC.
Final tally: 7 votes for JC, 1 vote for Rob.
My prediction for the winner of Survivor Philippines is therefore JC Tiuseco. Based on our readers’ poll, it seems that an overwhelming majority of you pick JC too!
We’ll find out if my Jury predictions are right, in just a few hours!